CONTACT: Juliet V. Casey PHONE: (702) 633-2613
North Las Vegas, Nevada
– Building permits are required for residential and commercial improvement, maintenance or new construction projects.
Such projects include:
• construction or installation of new buildings,
• sheds over 200 square-feet, additions,
• decks or patio covers,
• garages, block walls,
• water heaters,
• electrical/plumbing/HVAC systems,
• enclosing walls to a porch or carport, or
• converting areas to livable space.
The process of obtaining a building permit ensures the project, once complete, is safe and legal. Building projects that do not comply with adopted City codes could bring down home values or affect a homeowner’s insurance policy, which could also affect whether the property can be sold. Additionally, building non-permitted structures could result in fines, citations or double permit fees and could require code-compliance inspections.
To find out if a home or business site improvement project requires a permit, call the City’s Building Division at (702) 633-1550 or (702) 633-1536, or visit the division offices at 2240 Civic Center Drive.
Additional building permit information is available at the City's Online Frequently Asked Questions
and Building Safety Division web page